DC Empanadas Food Truck - Owners Anna and Shawn Leis' Modern Guatemalan in DC

Here we go - their website.

They appear to be somewhat related to Hula Girl, but to be honest, I wasn't paying attention when they talked about it.

For busy season this year my company has had food trucks coming by our parking lot to serve dinner. I've skipped the previous ones this week for various reasons (Tasty Kabob, DC Slices, and Hula Girl) but tonight was DC Empanadas and they included a Curbside Cupcake.

I got two of the Ropanada "“ Ropa Vieja Style Shredded Beef with Rice Tossed in a Tomato Based Sauce. These are deep fried, but not very greasy at all. I enjoyed it quite a bit, not too saucy or too dry, though I could've gotten used some hot sauce. They also offered The Badass "“ Buffalo Chicken and Blue Cheese (which many of my coworkers enjoyed quite a bit), Tio Shawn "“ Black Beans, Rice, Monterrey Jack Cheese, Chipotle Peppers and Onions (I didn't see anyone order that), coleslaw (not mayo based, tasty though), and various drinks (yay Coke Zero).

As mentioned elsewhere I got the Cookies and Cream cupcake, and it was awesome.

Now to try to make it home without falling asleep.

---

[The following posts have been split into separate threads:

Capital Empanadas Food Truck (thetrain)]

Tried an empanada from this outfit at Union Market for the first time on Saturday and was impressed. I was with my picky eater kids so I got what is probably the least exciting empanada ever - Speedy Gonzalez "“ A mild Cheese Empanada filled with Queso Blanco, Asadero Cheese & Mozzarella Cheese.  Basically fried dough with melted mild cheese blend and it was delicious - especially with the added cilantro green sauce. You can't be freshly fried and non-greasy empanada. Definitely want to try more exciting options. They are mostly still a food truck M-F and only at Union Market on the weekends.