Pre-theater, July 6th

Rieux

Going to the Kennedy Center for the first time in ages (to see Anything Goes, my favorite musical of all time!) on Saturday. I was told by my partner I am in charge of date night.

Were should we go for pre-theater dinner? Curtain is at 7:30, so will probably go somewhere around 5:30 or so. I have never been to Marcel's (which is booked), Ris, Blue Duck. Rasika WE has no availability on open table, and the are closed, so I can't call today. Made a backup reservation at Ancora for 5:45 (which, I will cancel if we decide to go somewhere else, obviously -- I am not that guy.)

Should we keep Ancora? Try for something else? Would like to keep to $50-60 pp + tax/tip or so with main, app, a glass of wine.

Have you been to Ancora before? You seem to think it's available but not very desirable. Why? I've just been to their website, and the menu is just about completely different from what it was when I dined there several months ago, but I'd take it in a heartbeat, and it's obviously convenient to the Kennedy Center. I'd go there, if I were you.

Call Marcel's, and have Adnane, Marcel's great, wonderful, GM (pronounced AHD-nahn, rhymes with the American ODD-John) where you should go if they're booked. I promise you he'll help you find a second alternative - feel free to tell him you're a buddy of mine (use the name Don Rockwell), you need help with a recommendation, and that I told you to ask him. After that, report back what he says. He is a fantastic person who care about his customers, even if they aren't actual customers as in your case.

Going to the Kennedy Center for the first time in ages (to see Anything Goes, my favorite musical of all time!) on Saturday. I was told by my partner I am in charge of date night.

It is my favorite, too. :D I hope you enjoy - please feel free to message me and let me know how it was!