L'Enfant Cafe - Chef Leo Morales at 18th and Vernon Street in Adams Morgan - Closed

On 7/14/2013 at 3:25 PM, DonRocks said:

Was anyone in Adams Morgan last night?

I don't think I have *ever* seen that many people out there (probably because of Bastille Day - it was around midnight when I was there).

L'Enfant Restaurant (18th,Vernon, U Street) had many goings-on all day. Food, drink, French maid race. Were you there to be in the French Maid Race? L'Enfant attempts to represent the cuisine of France ... And they could do worse. It would take much effort, but they could.

L'Enfant attempts to represent the cuisine of France ... And they could do worse. It would take much effort, but they could.

This. Though, to be fair, I haven't gone in at least 5 years, because, well, why? They are frequently packed due to the expansive patio. The gracious leaving-a-bottle-of-water at the table ceases to be gracious once you realize you aren't going to see your server again for 40 minutes... and that's just to place your order. Brunch was invariably a 3-hour affair, despite inhaling the slightly-small main courses in about 5 minutes at the 2-hour mark. I found that if you are good at record-keeping and bring plenty of small bills for exact change, well, you can shave an hour off right there by just leaving cash and fleeing.

This closed ..maybe a year ago? It's recently reopened as Lucky Buns from Alex McCoy who did several pop ups at Alfie's in Park View. One can only try so many fast-casual burger "start ups" before being jaded by a new burger restaurant opening. Fortunately, this is the real deal, food-wise. Crazy thai-influences, New Orleans-influences, all mashed together as spicy, unique drunk food in burger form. Solid cocktails and drinks list.

The service is very similar to my previous visits to Alfie's. Super long, unexplained waits, forgetting/mistaking orders, and random menu changes. Right when you are so fed up that you're about to leave, a glorious platter of food arrives and the hours of hanger-ness evaporates. Another formerly mediocre restaurant with a social scene is now a beacon of amazing and unique food in Adams Morgan.

• Like 3