Juan Valdez Cafe, Two DC Locations

rbh

I just noticed today that a Juan Valdez Coffee opened at 7th and E and there's a sign up on the 7th Street side of the MCI Center that a Shimba Hills Coffee is opening soon. Anyone know anything about these places? There's a token mention of Shimba Hills on MCI Center's web page, but the link is broken.

Nothing against Starbucks or Caribou, but I welcome the opening of other coffeeshops downtown for some variety.

I just noticed today that a Juan Valdez Coffee opened at 7th and E and there's a sign up on the 7th Street side of the MCI Center that a Shimba Hills Coffee is opening soon.  Anyone know anything about these places?  There's a token mention of Shimba Hills on MCI Center's web page, but the link is broken.

Nothing against Starbucks or Caribou, but I welcome the opening of other coffeeshops downtown for some variety.

I went to the Juan Valdez by the world bank the other day. They screwed up my order and were slow, but the coffee (mocha) was pretty good.

I got a large coffee ($1.99) at the Juan Valdez Cafe in the OAS building today, and thought to myself how nice it was to have a lighter roast without having to ask for it.

Incidentally, the only reason I went is because Naceur Negra's coffee cart at GWU was absent - does anyone know if he's still there?