David Chang Wants To Buy The Redskins - New York Restaurateur Talks Of Raising $6 Billion on KickStarter

DaveO

"Why David Chang Wants To Buy The Redskins" by Sarah Kogood on washingtonpost.com

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Besides getting rid of a miserable owner it could lead to the best food in any stadium anywhere in the world!!!  :D

I was literally *just this second* thinking about why the James Beard Awards seem to favor the latest-and-greatest buzz-chef, instead of people a bit older and with more experience. In particular, I was thinking about why Scott Bryan never won an award - has he even been nominated?

I would pay money to see Scott Bryan in a cook-off with David Chang.

Back on topic, more power to him if he can do it. Things can't get any worse! Bring down Batali as our punter (we'd get to see a clog flying off every single punt - it would be worth it).

I was literally *just this second* thinking about why the James Beard Awards seem to favor the latest-and-greatest buzz-chef, instead of people a bit older and with more experience. In particular, I was thinking about why Scott Bryan never won an award - has he even been nominated?

Back on topic, more power to him if he can do it. Things can't get any worse! Bring down Batali as our punter (we'd get to see a clog flying off every single punt - it would be worth it).

:lol:

Batali is better suited to the O-line, and your guys need help there anyway.

"The Dan Snyder You Don't Know" by Henry Jaffe on washingtonian.com

The Washington Post had a similar lengthy background piece years before.

"Snyder can talk for days about restaurants; he loves to eat out"”Ben's Chili Bowl in DC at 1 am with his buddies; or Matsuhisa, the sushi joint in Aspen where he and Shapiro and Swanson dined last evening past midnight; or the Palm in Tysons Galleria, where he consumes steaks with Dwight Schar."

I believe that Snyder will try to lure the Baylor coach to D. C. with RG III.  The marketing value of this will be consistent with how he has operated the Redskins since putting together a group and buying them for $800 million.  Assuming that Kurt Cousins does well in the next three games I believe that Shanahan AND Cousins will end up in another city next year, perhaps Houston if they don't hire the Baylor coach first.

Of course these are topics for another board.

"Mike Shanahan - Daniel Snyder Showdown Has To End With The Coach Making His Exit" by Jason Reid on washingtonpost.com

Does anyone blame Mike Shanahan for not walking out on $7 million?

Not one bit.  And I'm not a fan of the team so I can stand back and watch this for the train wreck aspects.

(I've actually given up football.  The whole concussion thing pushed me over the edge.  It also helps that Mr. BLB's team is terrible this year.)