Roasted Corn Rellish

Demetrius

Does anyone have a good recipe for a roasted corn rellish?

Is is something as simple as boiling corn on the cob and then using a chef's knife to remove the kernels? What is next though? I am thinking that this would be a great side when cooking bbq.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Not sure about the relish part, but for the roasted part, strip the kernels off, mix with olive oil and salt and roast at 475 until just starting to brown... simple, but results in some very tasty corn (roasted vegetables often turn into something amazing-- try roasting cauliflower sometime).

Thanks for the feedback. I am thinking about combining this with some bbq chicken tortilla's. Do you think that a lime and salsa sour cream would work into this mix?

If so, I am thinking that it is as easy as adding fresh squeezed lime juice and salsa into the sour cream and then mixing it up.

Does anyone have a good recipe for a roasted corn rellish?

Is is something as simple as boiling corn on the cob and then using a chef's knife to remove the kernels? What is next though? I am thinking that this would be a great side when cooking bbq.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

In addition to the other ingredients suggested, I add chopped, peeled tomato, red onion and some minced serrano. All in all, it's hard to screw up roasted corn.

Better than boiling it would be to grill the shucked ears until you get some color, then de-kernel as you described, toss with some chopped cilanto, EVOO, lime juice, and s&p. Easier than falling in love...

If you don't have the luxury of a grill you can do the same thing in a high oven. And yes, add the ingredients as you would salsa. I don't know about the sour cream though. Some how it doesn't sound quite right. I would just put it on the tortilla itself if at all.