a Caravela, Tenleytown Metro - Saled Away.

Anybody been to this place and/or heard if it's any good? I'm Looking for a place to try Bacalhau as I haven't had it before and sadly don't have the money for a plane ticket to Portugal or Brazil at the moment. The only other place I could find in the DC area is Tavira, but Caravela is a more metro accessible.

Mmmm....salted fish...

I have been twice. It has been a while, 9 months or so since the last time I went. I thought the food was very good. I forgot what we had each time but we tried the Portuguese specality items. One of them was salt cod based.

I think it is deffently worth a try if you have not been.

Anybody been to this place and/or heard if it's any good? I'm Looking for a place to try Bacalhau as I haven't had it before and sadly don't have the money for a plane ticket to Portugal or Brazil at the moment. The only other place I could find in the DC area is Tavira, but Caravela is a more metro accessible.

Mmmm....salted fish...

It's closed, and the space is now occupied by The Dancing Crab.

It's closed, and the space is now occupied by The Dancing Crab.

And it wasn't very good, and the Dancing Crab was always disgusting when it was next door. I've been to Tavira twice, hoping after the first visit that it might be better than I thought, but it wasn't. I lived in Portugal for a bit, and love Portuguese food, but have never found anything around Washington that was worth much. You'd probably do better buying a Portuguese cook-book and trying it at home.