Smoking

plunk

I phrased my question badly. Any suggestions for where to purchase apple or cherry chips in the Falls Church / Arlington / Fairfax area?

How much cherry do you want, agm? I'm still stacking 'em from the four or five mature trunks that fell last summer. It's the least I can offer after all of that delectable pig you and nqd have fed me :D

Regrettably, I think they removed all of the debris when they tore out the entire apple orchard last year at my Other Job. Must have been well over 1000 espaliered trees between 12 and 28 years old :P

Well, if you have chips, I'd love about a cubic foot. By weight, that would be... actually, I have no idea how much that would be. If I were to make a swag, I'd say about 10lbs or so.

If you have chunks, or large pieces, or logs, unfortunately I don't have an easy way of making chips, and I'd rather pay for someone else's labor than do it myself - even at retail.

How much cherry do you want, agm? I'm still stacking 'em from the four or five mature trunks that fell last summer. It's the least I can offer after all of that delectable pig you and nqd have fed me :D

Regrettably, I think they removed all of the debris when they tore out the entire apple orchard last year at my Other Job. Must have been well over 1000 espaliered trees between 12 and 28 years old :P

I know I've never cooked for you, but if you are looking to get rid of some cherry wood, I could certainly help you. :o

Bumping this up...

Still looking for a retail source for wood chips in the Falls Church/Fairfax area. Mesquite I have, hickory I can get. But right now I have a ham brining in the fridge. It should be ready to smoke on Sunday, and I'd love some apple or cherry (in chips, not chunks). Any suggestions?

Bumping this up...

Still looking for a retail source for wood chips in the Falls Church/Fairfax area. Mesquite I have, hickory I can get. But right now I have a ham brining in the fridge. It should be ready to smoke on Sunday, and I'd love some apple or cherry (in chips, not chunks). Any suggestions?

a quick phone call confirmed they have it, but I don't know if you consider Centreville close enough to Fairfax...

Sully Station Ace Hardware

5057 Westfields Blvd

Centreville, VA 20120

(703) 378-7320

a quick phone call confirmed they have it, but I don't know if you consider Centreville close enough to Fairfax...

Normally, no, but if it's Saturday afternoon and it's the only option, then yes, it's close enough. Thanks!

Bumping this up...

mclean wood products in chantilly va has cherry and hickory chips ,chunks and logs 703 327 4032

I get all my wood from Virginia Mountain Wood. Brian Sharpe. vamtnwoodman@yahoo.com

I pay $70 for 70Lbs shipped to North Potomac, MD. He has the best apple and cherry. And his sugar maple is very good also.

Tell Brian that Fish sent you...