House of Philly, Sub Shop with Delivery on Connecticut Avenue and Calvert Street in Woodley Park - Closed

Now that football season is upon us and board membership has greatly expanded, I'll (again) ask the question that amounts to my own personal quest for the grail...

Are there any good, inexpensive, spicy buffalo wing options available for delivery to the Dupont Circle area?

Thanks!

Alex

Possibly exciting development: a new delivery joint called House of Philly 2311 Calvert Street, 265-3500. "We Deliver!"

I have not had a chance to try them yet, but they look disgustingly promising.

Jumbo buffalo wings and pretty much any other munchie food you could need.

If no one else gets there first, I will report back.

Tried the wings the other night. Sadly, not as good as Wingmasters or Temperance Hall, but OK. They use a different hot sauce than franks, something a little smokier, and were a little short on margine-y goodness. On the other hand, they deliver.

Cheesesteak, though not a Philly style by any means, was kind of tasty.

Tried the wings the other night. Sadly, not as good as Wingmasters or Temperance Hall, but OK. They use a different hot sauce than franks, something a little smokier, and were a little short on margine-y goodness. On the other hand, they deliver.

Cheesesteak, though not a Philly style by any means, was kind of tasty.

Had the wings a few days back, but I forgot to post. I got ten of the "extra spicy" and ten of the "spicy bbq".

House of Philly wings are your middle of the road delivery wings. Neither of the sauces were particularly spicy, the wings were medium-standard frozen and well, it was wholly unremarkable.

The quest for a delicious DC delivery wing continues.

Alex

House of Philly closed awhile back, and is now Café Sorriso e Gelateria which opened in May, 2012. (Thanks, SH)

Does anyone know if this House of Philly is related to one that was open at 18th and U?

Or the one that still is open in West West Falls Church, on Lee Highway near the Beltway?

I'd never been here, but also had never heard anything good about it; more like "How is it still possibly open?" kind of comments.