Boulevard Tavern, RW Restaurant Group Rebrands Brasserie Beck on Kentlands Boulevard - Kentlands, Gaithersburg

Boulevard Tavern is located in the old O'Donnell's space, this is another branch of the Wiedmaier empire.  There is a natural pull for me as I can walk here from my house.  The menu is pretty basic pub fare with Wiedmaier mussel choices and some BBQ offerings.  I had a hamburger which was cooked to the proper temperature and served on a brioche bun with lettuce, tomato, and onion.  Overall it tasted above average.  The fries were cooked well.  My wife had a mussel entree which she enjoyed.  All in all the service was pretty good, the prices reasonable.  Nothing really jumped out positive or negative, but being able to walk there in less than 5 minutes is a big plus for me.  We will probably be back, but not in a terrible rush.

They have a nice outside seating area which had live music last night.  Will definitely be a good summer spot.

A huge step down in quality, IMO, from when they were Brasserie Beck. We went a few times when it was still Beck and really liked it. Went the week after they changed over (by accident), and it was such a disappointment that we haven't been able to drag ourselves back.

A huge step down in quality, IMO, from when they were Brasserie Beck. We went a few times when it was still Beck and really liked it. Went the week after they changed over (by accident), and it was such a disappointment that we haven't been able to drag ourselves back.

I never ate there when it was Brasserie Beck, and wish that I had.  While I see where Daniel is coming from, I also see where I am coming from--a 5 minute walk away.  It passes the test on that account.  I do want to try the BBQ, just wasn't in the mood on that evening.

For some reason I think this might be the concept that sticks.  There are enough people in the Lakelands/Kentlands and surrounds that remember (or do not remember based  upon the night!), Tommy Joe's with fondness.  For me if it is halfway decent I will frequent it as I can walk there.