Juliana's Cafe - Filipino Cuisine in Manassas

Right off of 66 at 234 business in a sketchy looking strip mall comes my latest food find.  Judging from yelp I am late to the game but I've been here twice in the last week.

The first time was the Wednesday before thanksgiving.  I stopped in long enough to get some lumpia because who doesn't love lumpia?  I bought two orders and brought them home where they were promptly devoured by my children.  Mind you, they had already eaten.  That was supposed to be my dinner....

So anyways, tonight, after a non-scream ridden visit to Santa at Merrifiield in Gainesville, we stopped for dinner tonight.  First of all dining here is more like eating in the kitchen of your best friend's Filipino grandmother.  This is a good thing.  Secondly.  We tried two of the daily specials.  A vegetable dish which was like a mild coconut curry and a pork stew.  We also ordered one of their breakfast specials, the one with sausage, and of course, 4 orders of lumpia.  

Everyone, including all four of my kids liked everything.  Mind you, all four of my kids never like everything (Well, except at ABC Canteen).  It's hard to find but I encourage everyone to give this place a try.  It is literally a couple minutes off of 66.  

Their website is here: http://thejulianas.comcastbiz.net/

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Al Dente said:

Interesting find. I'll have to check it out.

Did you notice that their pricing all ends with 88 instead of 99 cents? I wonder what that's all about. They're leaving 11 cents on the table!

With pronunciation of 'Ba' in Chinese, no. 8 sounds similar to the word 'Fa', which means to make a fortune.  That's the only reason I can come up with.