Northeastern Brazilian Cuisine

On 1/21/2018 at 8:50 PM, aspgirl99 said:

There are lots of restaurants in the DC area that have southern Brazilian cuisine (rodizio/churrascaria).  Does anyone know of a restaurant that has northeast Brazilian food such as casquinha de siri, bobó de camarão, and acarajé.  If you know of any place, I would appreciate it if you could post here about it.  Thank you!

aspgirl, thank you for pointing out that Americans are largely ethnocentrical shut-ins. Despite Brazil being nearly the size of the Continental U.S., I couldn't have named a single dish, or even a major northeastern city of the top of my head, before seeing your post.

I moved your query to the main DC Restaurant Forum - would you mind enlightening us about where these cuisines can be found in Brazil? Are they "North Northeast," up by French Guiana, or are they East Northeast, by the Itapagibe Peninsula?

The Grill from Ipanema in North Adams Morgan has Casquinha de Siri (Brazilian crabcakes).

You may want to call or swing by By Brazil market in Silver Spring, and see what the owner or manager knows.

There's also a Festival Afro Bahia in DC which may currently be an annual event (consider writing its sponsors as well).

My guess is that between these three, that will give you a pretty good start - would you please let us know what you find?

And for whatever it's worth, I *did* rewatch "Papillion" about a month ago!