Brinkley's, Owner Hemm Shah's "Diner by Day, Dive Bar by Night" in Seven Corners - Closed

when i want to go to a bar/lounge 9 times out of 10 i want to sip, and sup, someplace sawnk. oh, but that 10th time, i want to go to a old fashioned dive bar. good jukebox, faded vinyl booths, and crusty bartenders that usually call everyone champ or hon. my favorites, in no particular order...

the raven, 3100 block of mount pleasant street, mount pleasant - great jukebox with an eclectic range of rock'n'roll and old motown, and no credit cards accepted. has gotten a tad bit too popular for my tastes. packed on weekend nights.

tune-inn, 3rd and penn., capitol hill - this place is the perfect anti-dote to bars packed with hill staffers who can't seem to talk about anything but politics.

fox and hound, 17th and q (i think), dupont circle - you have to love a place that serves you a glass of vodka and a small bottle of tonic.

what are your favorites?

I'm surprised Brinkley's in Falls Church wasn't mentioned on here unless I didn't see it?

4 hours ago, arlingtonkabob said:

I'm surprised Brinkley's in Falls Church wasn't mentioned on here unless I didn't see it?

Dive bar, indeed, but it has not been Brinkley's for a number of years now.  It turned into a "pub" with a British sort-of name that I don't recall, and is now just called the 7 Corners Pub, I think.  I have no idea if there were ownership changes along the way, or if it was just rebranding.  I think the last time I actually went inside was close to 30 years ago.

10 hours ago, JBag57 said:

Dive bar, indeed, but it has not been Brinkley's for a number of years now.  It turned into a "pub" with a British sort-of name that I don't recall, and is now just called the 7 Corners Pub, I think.  I have no idea if there were ownership changes along the way, or if it was just rebranding.  I think the last time I actually went inside was close to 30 years ago.

The owner of Brinkley's passed away suddenly January 30th 2010. It changed ownership to Public House No. 7 where it thrived a few years before changing hands a couple more times then to 7 corners pub..it's a great location, just needs structure in a couple areas

Jun 9, 2010 - "Brinkley's Lounge To Turn into English Pub" on fcnp.com