Local Breweries and Craft Beers

curiouskitkatt

I will admit that I do not know a great deal about beers, but one thing is for sure, Pennsylvania is the place where the rise of craft brews has been growing at an exponential pace in the last 20 years. I will enlist the help of social media , experts and owners to chime in on where they see the future of craft brews heading. I will start here in York, Pa and follow the beer trail throughout the greater part of the Keystone State.  I've heard of people planning their vacations around specific places to eat, so my hopes this topic will inspire travelers to plan their next "beercation" in Pa. 

I have lost count of  how many times I have gone out to a brewery and have been overwhelmed of all of the choices. From lagers, to ales, to sours to meades, where do I even begin? I hope this segment draws the interest of several of you to chime in, and expand both my knowledge as well help out other  novices out there. My intent is to to enhance one's drinking and dining experience. The more we all know, and become comfortable in ordering what we want , the better the overall approach to beer. Of course, I am directly speaking to those out there like myself, but I am sure the experts could always pick up a thing or two.

---

Beer and wine index  I can't forget to direct everyone to the content that has been curated to date on this forum. My topic will mainly focus on PA breweries, but there could be a lot learned from the wealth of information already posted in our index

---

I asked on Facebook where to start, and in nearly two clicks I had a response that lead me to the  Brewers of Pennsylvania  There is a wealth of resources here starting with a map of breweries, to a  digital trail map as well as numerous other features. The mission of BOP is as follows:  The Brewers of Pennsylvania (BOP) is a 501c6 trade association that brings together leaders of Pennsylvania based breweries, businesses that support brewing and enthusiast members in order to promote and protect the brewing industry in the state.We strive to advocate for and promote awareness of BOP members; to increase the visibility of local beers through marketing, events, and consumer education; and to foster a healthy, ethical, and growth-focused beer industry.

Here is a link to their blog.

Brewin',
kat

Beverage producers all through the outlying countryside of Adams County, Pennsylvania, realize the impression that a well-crafted drink can create.

Destination Gettysburg welcomes you to enjoy a taste of the Adams County region through a unique journey to highlight the countryside’s distinctive craft beverage industry.

The Adams County Pour Tour brings together wineries, breweries, distilleries and cideries for an astonishing culinary trail – designed to create one unforgettable experience through the bold flavors of this destination.

Introduced as a way to bring together a wide variety of craft beverage experiences into one adventure, Destination Gettysburg is launching the Adams County Pour Tour on May 11.

Rooted in the heart of Pennsylvania’s Fruit Belt, Adams County is home to more than 20,000 acres of apple trees, making it an ideal location for growing not only 100 varieties of apples, but peaches, grapes, hops and more. Tucked among the farm markets, orchards and vineyards are a growing number of wineries, cideries, breweries, and distilleries.

See Full Article and Locations at: Gettysburg and Adams County Pour Tour

7c1599f3ec380070f3bb0f74443542ba_w900_h400_cp.PNG

• Thanks 1

Apols for putting spirits in a beer thread but didn't think this merited its own thread. The week after the Philly Beer Fest, the MD craft distilleries are showing down in the Pax River Naval Air Museum. Maybe two birds one stone with that?  I believe they will have a 2nd tasting later in the spring in Frederick or close by.

Screenshot 2019-02-16 at 13.23.51.png

Upcoming Events by Maryland Spirits Guild

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2019 at 4:46 PM, DonRocks said:

No stranger to these checkpoints. Officers are camped at specific points all throughout the city of Lancaster on the weekend. I usually plan on crashing a friend's house or take advantage of ride share on either Uber or Lyft. Makes for an expensive evening bobbing in & out of several places, but not as pricey as getting a ticket or worse losing your DL.