Copa Kitchen and Bar, in the Ballston Quarter Food Court

By virtue of work location, I am occasionally find myself exploring the Food Court at Ballston Quarter. First general observation is that the Food Court at Ballston Quarter is not your father's food court. There are lots of very enticing options, and it's more of a Food Hall.

Copa was our destination today, and it did not disappoint. I asked the server about other locations, and it turns out this is the only one, but there is an ownership connection with La Tasca. Makes sense, since there is a distinct Spanish flair to the dishes at Copa.

I had the Serrano ham with Manchego cheese sandwich, and it was delicious. I would easily order it again. I chose the salad instead of the fries, and instead of the standard mixed greens grabbed out of the Sysco bag, the salad was a nicely composed Bibb lettuce with vinaigrette. Companion had the beef skewer cooked perfectly medium rare with a mound of Spanish rice and grilled eggplant.

Copa was a pleasant surprise, inside a food court that itself is a pleasant surprise.

• Like 3

On 7/18/2019 at 5:44 PM, Kibbee Nayee said:

By virtue of work location, I am occasionally find myself exploring the Food Court at Ballston Quarter. First general observation is that the Food Court at Ballston Quarter is not your father's food court. There are lots of very enticing options, and it's more of a Food Hall.

Copa was our destination today, 

I would agree.  It is an upscale food hall type place not at all like the food courts that have dominated malls for decades.  

I have not trie Copa yet but will give it a go.

Of note I was there during the spell of hot weather and the large glass doors were wide open to the outdoors and the children’s play area.  You could feel the coolness outdoors.  An immense amount of air conditioning hitting the outdoors.

I hope those tenants make big big big money.  If they keep that up the electric bill will set records.

5 hours ago, DaveO said:

Washingtonian opines about the options at Ballston Quarter.

Having not tried everything I suggest Cucina al Volo.   Great pasta and sauces.

Other than Copa, I have eaten at Mi & Yu Noodle Bar, and it was good enough for a return visit. So was Copa. Lots of tantalizing treats on display at many of the food stands....

Closing notification on Copa website:

We've got some news to share about Copa Kitchen & Bar. We're closing our doors and serving our last brunch on Sunday November 7th. We have had such a good time bringing you our Spanish inspired tapas and being a part of the Ballston Quarter family over the last two years. We want to thank every customer who has dined with us, watched games with us, followed our journey on social media or enjoyed a happy hour with us. We'd like to extend a special thanks to the customers who have supported us (and all restaurants) through the pandemic.

We would love to see your faces one last time during our last week of service. Make a reservation and come see us for dinner or brunch. You've got four opportunities to visit us for brunch before we close on November 7th. So make those reservations fast, as they will likely fill quickly. Cuídate amigos!