BLT Prime, New York-Based, Upscale Steakhouse Chain Featuring Dry-Aged Cuts, in the Trump Hotel, 11th and Penn NW

There is no thread on BLT Prime, the BLT branch in the Trump Hotel.....and I'm not going to start one, as I for one haven't and won't be eating there.   Nevertheless a grad of our school, who has been bartending there since 2017 stopped by for placement.   They have 12 bartending shifts available.  (that is a lot).  Our grad told us he is working the busy evening shift hours on Friday and Saturday nights and a few more.  He said he is making great money.  (Didn't say how much--but I suspect his "great" would be a lot of high earning bartender's "GREAT".

They need staff.   Not surprising.

They are busy.  Not surprising.

• Like 1

Some more "gossip" on the BLT Prime side:

They had hit up the bartending school to recruit for staff.  Then management virtually completely changed hands and none of the applicants were interviewed.  So they hit us up again.  (they were initially thrilled with the number of applicants.)

One of our recent grads landed a bartending job there and will start momentarily.  (proudly he writes) He took our advice with responding to them.

BLT Prime pays quite well, evidently guaranteeing $20/hr.  That is around current high union wages as I understand.  Tips, of course, are their own, (or so I'm told).  Management were very clear to applicants that the restaurant is not tRump owned.  Meanwhile from the one grad of ours who works there, there are many many many trump supporters there; including the President on a fair number of evenings. 

We discussed this in house.  Some of our staff (all current or recent bartenders--all with good experience) would work there.  Others wouldn't.  Not sure about everyone but I'm pretty sure most of the school staff is anti-Trump.    Again, I can't speak to the food, but its definitely an "event" kind of place.

• Like 1