Thanksgiving 2019

thistle

What, no one has posted a T’giving preview-plans & fears?  I will be working that day, but plan to smoke a turkey (& maybe a pork butt) the night before, & have my kids & some friends join me that evening (they will all be at my house, working on stuff, before I get home). Any T’giving ideas/outlines?

Well Thanksgiving was... great!  My Mom and Hubby did all of the Thanksgiving lifting going shopping while I was in trial (except a short trip to TJs).  I made the turkey (Alton Brown's Good Eats as usual), and it turned out great.  I will say though I miss the Fulton's turkey, the new one was great, but not quite as great.  Hubby made Giada's ciabatta stuffing with the vegetarian turkey and veggie broth.  Mom made the sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and gravy.  SIL brought green beans, friend brought cranberry sauce, cheese ball and others brought pies. OHHH I also made these pumpkin rolls, which were great: https://drizzleanddip.com/2016/10/14/pumpkin-rolls-with-rosemary-and-sea-salt/

The little boys were a bit of a mess, but then we turned on Nemo and they calmed down. 

Now... I need to use up all the leftovers...  There are lots of potatoes. 

• Like 1

BEST. THANKSGIVING. EVER.   First one that was just the three of us (me, spouse, college-aged veggie daughter).  We had raclette and cider, and then went to a vintage James Bond movie @ AFI.  A welcome change of pace from our usual cycle of hosting or visiting.  Full house for Xmas to New Years (and then some).  Shaking Tofu will be the designated Xmas veggie option (must be red and green).

• Like 1