Delivered Treats

saf

Help? I have had a request to send nice food stuff to a few folks for 12/27. Harry and David was suggested. I think they want to send something like the Tower of Treats. Anyhow, everything there is out of stock until January. 

Wegman's was suggested, but I can't figure out how to get them to deliver a fancy thing like that. I don't think they do. Edible Arrangements is my suggestion, but that hasn't been agreed to yet.

We used to get really nice date and dried fruit boxes from a date farm in CA, but they are now long gone. (Farewell Valerie Jean Date Farm, the first place I ever had a date milkshake.)

So, thoughts on a good place that will send nice treats to SW DC and Alexandria?

Zingermans has nice gift baskets & boxes and they ship. 

If you want to send a nice tin or box of pecans, I highly recommend Pearson Farm in Georgia. Just ordered and received a variety of pecan products from them and the quality of all of it is excellent (taste & packaging).

Join this group and you can probably find what you need delivered or can use a service to pick up & drop off for you.  I've heard good things on there (from people whose palates seem to be better than average) about Chewish Deli, Aubrey's Cakes, MB Bakery On the Go -- especially their pop-tarts.  I know I'm forgetting lots of solid players, so that's why I'm suggesting to join the group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/alexandriacurbsidedining/