Trump Hotel Employees Reveal their Experiences at BLT Prime

Bart

2 hours ago, Bart said:

Thanks for posting this, Bart. I've never set foot in this hotel (or by extension, BLT Prime), so I had no idea about any of this. I used to work across 12th Street in what is now the Clinton Building (the EPA headquarters), and spent numerous lunch hours in the food court of the Old Post Office Building (honestly, the food court was absolutely dreadful).

[I apologize for retitling you post - I liked yours better.]

Hahhaha!  No worries Don.

I went in there once a couple years ago on a pilgrimage to see the White House Christmas Tree, and to eat at Central.  Since it was right across the street, we took a stroll through the lobby, and honestly, putting my hate and disgust for Dolt45 aside, I wasn't that impressed with the inside.  It's a great old building, but it seemed a little weird with this enormous, cavernous space that was part hotel lobby (front desk/check in), part bar area, and part restaurant(?).  I think there were tables there with people eating but I can't completely remember.  All of those spaces sort of merged into each other with no demarcation and it just felt a little weird.  Like where does the lobby end and the restaurant start?  Are those tables in the middle part of the bar or are they some other thing?  I'm probably not describing this well, but the feng shui was way, way off!

The building from the outside is a total beauty, especially at night, other than the name over the door!🤣

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bart said:

the feng shui was way, way off!

🤫 I believe that.

I used to love the Old Post Office. It's gorgeous. Haven't been in there in ages. I think the last time I was there was to grab something to eat at the not-so-great (correct, Don) food court when my cousin was in town eons ago. The funniest part is I remember having a discussion with him as we walked through the food court about whether or not the date you were actually predicted to be born but weren't counts in calculating your horoscope. (I'm not a big astrology person and have never known him to be either. I have no idea why we were having the discussion or why on earth I remember it and associate it with the Old Post Office.)

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 11:24 AM, saf said:

I always enjoyed the Indian place that was there. Forget its name. Like at the bad food court at Union Station, somehow the Indian place was quite good.

Down at the bottom of the stairs, off to the right - I've been there a few times. I swear this is true: I got "Potato Curry" there once, and they used *frozen french fries* (crinkle-cut) as the potatoes! Still, it was probably the best of an awful group of eateries.

53 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

Down at the bottom of the stairs, off to the right - I've been there a few times. I swear this is true: I got "Potato Curry" there once, and they used *frozen french fries* (crinkle-cut) as the potatoes! Still, it was probably the best of an awful group of eateries.

Oh my lord. I remember it as all the way on the south end of the food court. I wonder if I am conflating it with the place in Union Station. Delicious dosas?