Need Help With A Bridal-Shower Venue

alisa7

I am looking for a place in the District to hold a bridal shower in June. It will be a Saturday afternoon, and I am looking to keep it at $30/person before tax and tip. It will be for about 20 people, so a private room would be nice, but not necessary. Any ideas?

Also, it would be nice to have a place that had a decent corkage policy, such a buy a bottle/bring a bottle.

Thanks

I am looking for a place in the District to hold a bridal shower in June. It will be a Saturday afternoon, and I am looking to keep it at $30/person before tax and tip. It will be for about 20 people, so a private room would be nice, but not necessary. Any ideas?
Maybe more casual than you'd prefer, but I hosted a bridal shower a couple of years ago at the Teaism in Penn Quarter. Although not a private room, we used about half of the downstairs space and the layout is conducive to it feeling semi-private, at least. The folks there were super-easy to deal with, and I was able to put up balloons and other decorations, and bring my own background music. I worked with the catering department there, and was easily able to have a spread that wound up being under $30/person, all included.

I went to a nice bridal brunch at the Old Ebbit about a year ago. While the food isn't spectactular, it's reasonably priced and a great location if out of town folks are coming.

Outside of the District (but not terribly far), I went to a lovely baby shower at the Morrison House in Old Town Alexandria. We all felt extremely pampered. And the dining spaces are beautiful.

Bumping this topic - does anyone have any recommendations on a venue for a baby shower brunch? Looking to keep it under $30/person. Let me know, thanks!

Do you have a preferred neighborhood or style, and how many people are you talking about? Private room or semi-private?

Do you have a preferred neighborhood or style, and how many people are you talking about? Private room or semi-private?

I'd say roughly 30 people, private room preferable. In regards to the neighborhood, looking for something that's Metro accessible in DC or MD.

Jackie - thanks for the tip!