Kafir Lime Leaves

manager3

Welcome to dr.com. :blink:

Where are you? I have found them at various Whole Foods, in a blister pack with the other herbs. The Thai market in Silver Spring on Thayer Ave always has them in the freezer section. They freeze very well as long as they are wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and stored in a ziplock bag.

Welcome aboard, manager3. In addition to what Heather said, I'd suggest trying the Korean mega-markets (like SuperH). They usually have them packaged fresh in the produce section. They freeze well.

Now...what about the kaffir limes themselves? Any source for that? I'm thinking of growing one of the dwarf kaffir trees in a container on my deck. Four Wind Growers sells them (and Meyer Lemon trees) online. Anyone had success with that around here?

I'm thinking of growing one of the dwarf kaffir trees in a container on my deck. Four Wind Growers sells them (and Meyer Lemon trees) online. Anyone had success with that around here?

I grew kaffir lime as a houseplant for several years, until the mealy bug/hard bodied scale infestation that wiped out my orchid collection got to the tree, too. Never got fruit from it, but the leaves do freeze well.

I've been to that festival, but not in years. Thank you Google:

Sunday April 15, 2007, 7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m

Songkran (Thai New Year)

Wat Thai DC

13440 Layhill Rd Silver Spring, MD 20906

Tel. 301-871-8660

The Biggest Annual Fair with Thai Food, Crafts, and Entertainment