Dueling Pigs

agm

Last October, it was Team Wabeck vs Team Stachowski, head-to-head with matching Caja Chinas and wonderfully prepared piggies.

On April 12, 10:00 pm on the Food Network, it's Bobby Flay and his Caja China vs Roberto Guerra, inventor (with his father) of the magic pig cooker.

Unfortunately, these pigs we won't get to taste. But at least we get to watch Bobby Flay lose again.

Something tells me we won't see a larding needle on this show. Shame.

Without the larding needle, how is he going to shove all the extra fat into the pig?

One would think that the guy that invented the Caja China would know what he's doing. I'm predicted (yet another) loss for Flay.

Now that I think about it, Flay might actually win this one if you believe the theory that the show is rigged so that he won't harm anyone's business by beating them at their specialty. This is one occasion where a win for Bobby can't cause any harm. Roberto Guerra's cooking skills aren't the foundation of his business, it's the caja china itself, and with both of them using it, a win for Bobby is still a win for the caja china. This may be a safe way to boost his pathetic win/loss record. We'll see tonight.

FWIW... I got Sur La Table's summer catalog yesterday. Amongst the inane gadgets they had in there was a Caja China for $399 (they just call it a portable bbq pit). Lisa has categorically outlawed it's presence in our backyard. :blink:

Could you get by on a technicality if you ordered the 70lb model from here for $340 after shipping?