Pinkberry to Come to DC

cheezepowder

Any updates on Pinkberry in DC?

I have been to both locations of the Shilla Bakery (in Annandale and Rockville) recently. They get the right balance between sweet and sour. The texture also remains wonderfully creamy.

The one in Annandale was packed on a rainy February weeknight, which suggests to me that they will basically be printing money once spring and summer roll around.

If you read the comments apparently Pinkberry denied any plans to come to DC. You know... same ol, same ol.

Oh well. I tried the K-town location in NYC on Saturday. It was actually as good as advertised IMO. Not significantly better than Shilla, but definitely creamier in both texture and flavor. The line at 6:30 pm was still relatively long (a 5-10 minute wait).

Some friends have mentioned trying Red Mango at some point as well. Maybe they will be open to spreading out to DC.

The Washington Business Journal says Pinkberry's plans for DC are indefinitely on hold.

With all the new yogurt places in the area (Tangysweet, Mr. Yogato, Iceberry, Yogiberry, Yo Fruit, Yogen Fruz coming soon, and possibly Red Mango), do we still need Pinkberry?

What if Rep. John Dingell (D-MI 15th District) decides to open a yogurt stand?

Wow, 2+ years later there is still no Pinkberry in DC. There is, however, an outpost in a suburb of Atlanta. I am here to testify that my mouth is dancing a happy dance as I eat Pinkberry Original with the chocolate beads like Central uses on its desserts. The strawberries were good too... as was the watermelon flavor.

Among the things that distinguish Pinkberry from other tart yogurts is that they use skim milk.

Nothing compares.

ETA: :lol: :lol: :(:):lol: :lol: :lol: oh happy day! according to this site... 19 days until Pinkberry near DC

Among the things that distinguish Pinkberry from other tart yogurts is that they use skim milk.
So do Red Mango, TangySweet, and Sweetgreen...though Pinkberry does have something a little different, and is maybe a tiny bit tarter than Red Mango.
19 days until Pinkberry near DC
Fairfax Corner = too far for a quick trip :( What happened to the store planned for DC proper? Still on hold? or shelved permanently? Until then, Red Mango works for me :)

Fairfax Corner = too far for a quick trip :( What happened to the store planned for DC proper? Still on hold? or shelved permanently? Until then, Red Mango works for me :)

According to a Sept. 17 article in the Wash Business Journal, Pinkberry "just signed a lease for 1211 Connecticut Ave. NW, where construction is set to begin in January."

Shucks goldenticket I thought I'd figured out the difference. Guess I'll have to go back to my original thought: crack

Seriously there is something addictive aboutpinkberry. A couple at the Cobb county location had driven an hour to get it and they have twice a week since the outlet opened.