Cilantro, Georgetown - Wilted.

Has anyone ever eaten there (Cilantro in G-town)? i pass by it every once in a while, and the decor looks interesting, but i have only seen the post review.

Barring that, where else is good for tapas in DC? there used to be a place in Shirlington, but that has been closed and replaced by a (from what i hear, unless i am getting the reviews confused with another restaurant) subpar italian restaurant.

Has anyone ever eaten there (Cilantro in G-town)?  i pass by it every once in a while, and the decor looks interesting, but i have only seen the post review.

Barring that, where else is good for tapas in DC?  there used to be a place in Shirlington, but that has been closed and replaced by a (from what i hear, unless i am getting the reviews confused with another restaurant) subpar italian restaurant.

I stopped in for dessert a few weeks ago, after a Mark-Slater-inspired Tavern Treat at Martin's Tavern, and had a way-too-sweet housemade creme caramel. Taking a quick walk-thru, I wasn't that impressed with what I saw on the tables (very boring looking salads, for example), though it was merely a first impression, and the service was very welcoming and friendly. Despite the name, Cilantro is more Lebanese than anything else.

Cheers,

Rocks.

I don't recommend it. I found the food to be sloppy and overpriced. And the sangria (a signature drink) to be unlawful-- made with the worst wine and served from a pre-made vat that wasn't chilled enough. I think I went there to watch telvision, to be honest.