Pizzazilla Attacks Japan

Al Dente

Hot dog stuffed crust with mini-burgers!

[Any Japanese translators willing to share what this says?]

And corn. Don't forget the corn. Corn is an essential pizza topping here!

It's the "Double Roll Pizza." The "hambaagaa" half is sausage-and-bacon-stuffed crust (ketchup topping optional) with mini-burgers, corn, peas, red pepper, and tomato sauce. The "Pizza Hut Gourmet" (no, really) half is cheddar/mozzarella/Parmesan stuffed crust (honey-maple syrup topping optional) with Italian sausage, ham, bacon, bacon bits, sliced tomato, mushrooms, onion, peppers, garlic chips, basil, black pepper, and tomato sauce. Only 3500 yen for a large! You can also get it in combination with what I think are teriyaki chicken wings for 3980 yen, or about $35 USD.

Unfortunately (?), we don't have a Pizza Hut in Kitakami. Or an angioplasty center. FWIW, we do have a Baskin-Robbins that serves "Poppin' Showers" ice cream -- vanilla with Pop Rocks mixed in.

And corn. Don't forget the corn. Corn is an essential pizza topping here!

It's the "Double Roll Pizza." The "hambaagaa" half is sausage-and-bacon-stuffed crust (ketchup topping optional) with mini-burgers, corn, peas, red pepper, and tomato sauce. The "Pizza Hut Gourmet" (no, really) half is cheddar/mozzarella/Parmesan stuffed crust (honey-maple syrup topping optional) with Italian sausage, ham, bacon, bacon bits, sliced tomato, mushrooms, onion, peppers, garlic chips, basil, black pepper, and tomato sauce. Only 3500 yen for a large! You can also get it in combination with what I think are teriyaki chicken wings for 3980 yen, or about $35 USD.

Unfortunately (?), we don't have a Pizza Hut in Kitakami. Or an angioplasty center. FWIW, we do have a Baskin-Robbins that serves "Poppin' Showers" ice cream -- vanilla with Pop Rocks mixed in.

Thanks for the details. Wow, that's certainly an ambitious pizza.

I wonder if Don's son calls him Pop Rocks?

I spent a week in Japan (Kyoto) at the end of June, and the fattest people I saw were Americans with fanny backs :angry:. However, it was clear that their food choices are being influenced by the west, and not just American fast food. At the Istean shopping center in Kyoto Station, there are three floors of food, one of which is totally devoted to mostly French bread, pastries and confections of all kinds (at least this stuff was fresh). There were still some traditional Japanese items, but most of what I saw leaned towards Europe. It was also apparent that the Japanese have a love affair with Italian food, but this is taking it too far. There was so much good fresh food in Japan, I am not sure why anyone would eat this. FYI: McDonald's still sells fried apple pies in Japan!!

I had that pizza- i was in tokyo for golden week and my cousin's family had a party and we got several of the hot-dog and cheese stuffed crust pizzas. So wrong and yet so good. As I recall our toppings included potatoes, corn, teriyaki eggplant, sausage, and pepperoni. Their pizza hut crust was not a greasy as the ones here in the US. If they made it this way here, i would eat there more.