Annual Buffalo Nite

grover

Good wings. Decent beef. But I don't know if you'd get your $30 worth. Logistically speaking a nightmare of 500 or so people trying to get at one chafing dish of buffalo wings holding teeny tiny plates with nowhere to rest them.

This reminds me of "Slurp and Burp" which was every Wednesday night at this bar where I went to college: Ten-cent draft beer in little plastic cups, and GOOD LUCK getting any more than three of them throughout the course of the evening as you strained, sweated, and wished you were anywhere else in the world as you crowd-crushed it for ten minutes, being swayed to-and-fro as you inched your way to the bar. People would get into perma-rotate mode, getting back into line immediately after having their navel-sized thimble filled up with frothing, lukewarm swill.

This reminds me of "Slurp and Burp" which was every Wednesday night at this bar where I went to college: Ten-cent draft beer in little plastic cups, and GOOD LUCK getting any more than three of them throughout the course of the evening as you strained, sweated, and wished you were anywhere else in the world as you crowd-crushed it for ten minutes, being swayed to-and-fro as you inched your way to the bar. People would get into perma-rotate mode, getting back into line immediately after having their navel-sized thimble filled up with frothing, lukewarm swill.

You make it sound so.... appetizing.