D.C. Boathouse, Macarthur Blvd and Cathedral Ave.

Does anyone know if Kemble Park is owned by the same people who own The Boat House a little further up MacArthur? If so, that isn't great news. They are decidedly NOT beloved among the Palisades communitarians--they are real estate developers who are responsible for a lot of the unfortunate McMansions that have been metastisizing around here.

:blink: Funny you should mention the Boat House (which I assume is the same thing as D.C. Boathouse?) Today's Express Free Ride article on a new building in Ballston at Wilson Blvd and Quincy Street says:

"Coming soon: a Marvelous Market, Saxby's Coffee, Bruegger's Bagels, HSBC bank and an Arlington location for Palisades restaurant D.C. Boathouse."

Had lunch on Sunday. The Rhode Island Clam Chowder was good. This was more akin to a clear broth than the more traditional New England or Manhattan variations. The clams were well cooked and not too chewy. It had water chestnuts in it, which I found somewhat jarring. I am not sure whether this is a traditional ingredient, but the juxtaposition of the crispiness of the water chestnuts with the softer textures of the rest of the soup ingredients did not work for me.

The spinach and feta spanakopita was also a treat. It seemed to be lemon-accented. Flaky and not too dense. It was a bargain at $7.95.

The rest of the menu seemed average and somewhat pricey. The hamburger is $10, and the prices go up from there. A pint of beer costs an alarming $7, but that didn't stop me from having a glass of the Boddington's Pub Ale.

It is also a very kid-friendly environment. More than half of the tables of the half-filled restaurant had young children.

Service has amiable and efficient.

I have to agree. I have been to the Boathouse a couple of times because it is convenient and kid-friendly, but it is way too expensive for what it dishes out. I have described it as snack bar food and presentation at Four Seasons prices. I have had a fine version of a turkey reuben, served in a basket with fries for about $14? I would probably go more often if the prices were more reasonable.

Not sure anyone cares given the lack of interest in this thread, but we drove by the other day and this place is CLOSED.  From the looks of things, it appears to have been closed for quite some time.  A $10 hamburger seems like a bargain today.