Wine Orphans

Keithstg

After a conversation this weekend with Starfish about wines that hang around in the cellar after tastes changed or were random gifts, I went through my offsite storage and came back with 5 orphan bottles. These wines are well made and highly rated by Parker, just not by me. So, rather than having them sit around, I figured I'd post them here. Ideally, someone out there on DR has a similar situation and we could work out a trade. I've got more of an old world palate, and am not concerned with an exact $ value match for trades, just something interesting to drink. Anyway, check out the wines below and if interested, shoot me a PM. (Don, if this isn't an appropriate post, please feel free to delete).

2002 D'Arenberg Dead Arm (RP 95)

2003 D'Arenberg Dead Arm (RP 93)

2004 Oliverhill Shiraz Clarendon (RP 92)

2004 Oliverhill Shiraz Jimmy Section (RP 96)

2003 Tait Shiraz Basket Pressed (RP 95)

After a conversation this weekend with Starfish about wines that hang around in the cellar after tastes changed or were random gifts, I went through my offsite storage and came back with 5 orphan bottles. These wines are well made and highly rated by Parker, just not by me. So, rather than having them sit around, I figured I'd post them here. Ideally, someone out there on DR has a similar situation and we could work out a trade. I've got more of an old world palate, and am not concerned with an exact $ value match for trades, just something interesting to drink. Anyway, check out the wines below and if interested, shoot me a PM. (Don, if this isn't an appropriate post, please feel free to delete).

I think Rocks will be all over these !

Unfortunately, what I have in "orphans" would not be to your taste, since they tend to be new world (read Santa Rita Hills) Pinot Noirs.

Unfortunately, what I have in "orphans" would not be to your taste, since they tend to be new world (read Santa Rita Hills) Pinot Noirs.
They may be. Two of my favorite "new world" pinot producers are copain and radio coteau....

Somehow I think these bottles aren't to Rocks' taste either...

You should just open them and have a jam session :(

2007 Smuckers Blueberry Mojo (RIP 99)