Indian Near U-Street Corridor

I recently moved to the U Street corridor (T Street between 14th and 15th). Lots of decent restaurants in the area, but I can't find a nearby Indian restaurant -- especially one that delivers. Heritage is the closest I can think of. Am I missing something? With so many ethnic options, I can't believe there isn't a good Indian restaurant around!

I recently moved to the U Street corridor (T Street between 14th and 15th). Lots of decent restaurants in the area, but I can't find a nearby Indian restaurant -- especially one that delivers. Heritage is the closest I can think of. Am I missing something? With so many ethnic options, I can't believe there isn't a good Indian restaurant around!

There's an Indian restaurant of no particular note, Jyoti , on the 18th Street strip in Adams-Morgan but that's about it.

I think if you can get Heritage Glover Park to deliver, you don't need anything else (try the makhani!! and saag). If you want to go out, I think Indique in Cleveland Park is your best/closest bet.

I've always been satisfied with Jyoti. Service is slow and unattentive most of the time, but you simply can't go wrong their for the price. And they deliver.

Their paneer mater is very good.

The good thing about Indian food is that it's one of those cusines where even mediocre restaurants can churn out rather tasty stuff. The bad thin about Jyoti is that it's not really that much cheaper than Indique or Heritage, while the quality drop-off is pretty significant.

Wow, Legant -- Indian on 14th between P and U would be great... Maybe I'll just take a walk and look for it -- unless someone can fill me in.

Btw, speaking of Indian, I was a huge fan of Curry Club when I lived in Glover Park. I still am -- addicted to their beef vindaloo -- but I just don't get over to that 'hood very often. I wonder why they don't have more buzz...