Aioli Meditalian Gourmet - Closed.

Wow, zero responses. That's unusual.

I tried the roast beef pita today. Pretty damn delicious, if a bit messy (the sauce was everywhere).

The bread pudding was a bit cold in the center: the broiler had nicely toasted the top, but it was pretty dense stuff, so the middle hadn't gotten enough heat. I expect this sort of thing to be a kink that is worked out as they go along.

Wow, zero responses. That's unusual.

It's really hard to park around there, which I suspect is part of the reason that Fractured Prune beat such a hasty retreat. The construction that had gone on for a year made it much worse, but it still remains very inconvenient for those coming in by car.

It's really hard to park around there, which I suspect is part of the reason that Fractured Prune beat such a hasty retreat. The construction that had gone on for a year made it much worse, but it still remains very inconvenient for those coming in by car.

Mr. MV and I usually park just beyond Aioli near the gas station when we go to the Dupont Market, so we've been walking by it. It looks nice inside-we'll have to grab a pita on the way home.

The construction did not end the FP, there was an illness in the family that required them to close. At least according to the press release.

I ate there once shortly after they opened and was not overly impressed. While the ravioli I had was good I thought the prices were a bit high for an order at the counter place. The pizza on the other hand was not that good.

Very exciting! I used to live right by this place. I heard generally decent things about Aioli, but I just don't think it fit a niche. For whatever reason, that space has been tough, with Fractured Prune quickly failing, and now Aioli. I think if it's even halfway decent Saigon Bistro will do gangbusters business because it's one of the only Vietnamese places in the District proper.