Mayo on Fries

Aphioni

I love mayo with fries, I just don't like mayo on fries. The hot fries make the mayo warm and disgusting.

THAT was the gross part for me... i am a malt vinegar on fries girl- and that's it, unles there's a good honey mustard available...

My husband like mayo with fries so much, his license plate sports the dutch version of how you order it (our kids find this humiliating). In Amsterdam, you generally get little plastic sectioned containers so the fries and sauce at least start off separated. My favorite is patat met sate - fries with sate sauce, although the mayo is a close second.

I love mayo with fries, I just don't like mayo on fries. The hot fries make the mayo warm and disgusting.
That's an interesting point. I like to dip fries into mayo but having them drowning in it is not appealing. The only thing I like poured onto fries is ketchup, and I don't like too much of that. If fries get too soggy with ketchup to pick up and eat, blech. Some vinegar sprinkled onto fries is okay, but I don't like too much of that either.

That's an interesting point. I like to dip fries into mayo but having them drowning in it is not appealing. The only thing I like poured onto fries is ketchup, and I don't like too much of that. If fries get too soggy with ketchup to pick up and eat, blech. Some vinegar sprinkled onto fries is okay, but I don't like too much of that either.
I don't like anything on a fry that will make them soggy, I particularly do not like when ketchup is squirted directly on them, they simply become limp and soggy. Blech... It is important to me that a fry is crisp and dousing them in any form of liquid takes away from that. I have to agree that cider vinegar is a great compliment to the taste of a good fry, but I just hate the sogginess that it causes.

My recollection of eating them in Belgium and Amsterdam was that the frites/fries came with the mayo on the side and the cutest little fork.

I am still amazed that I gained no weight on either trip to Europe--of course I walked a gizzilion miles but between the chocolate, the frites, the waffles and the pate...

Maybe I should be planning a trip to Europe instead of the Caribbean...