Looking Glass Lounge, Tavern On Georgia Avenue in the Former Temperance Hall Space - Petworth

First, my favorite bar in DC burns down...

-KINGPIN

Then, my new favorite bar gets bought out...

-TEMPERANCE HALL

This place (now called "The Looking Glass Lounge") completely sucks now.

The service is horrible.

I'm placing bets on a bartender being shot sooner rather than later.

On more than one occasion I've witnessed a lame, "aloof" bartender treat someone from the neighborhood really poorly and disrespectful.

I really miss Dan (the best bartender in DC) and what Temperance Hall once was.

I cannot say this loudly enough, the new bartenders at "The Looking Glass Lounge" are awful and full of unnecessary attitude.

I really miss Dan (the best bartender in DC) and what Temperance Hall once was.
If you're talking about Dan Searing, he's still there - just in more of a managerial role. He told us to come in on Tuesdays, and we'd be able to find him then!

Sadly wings are only available on Sun and Mon, but they are only $4 a plate!

The real question is, do the wings still pass the muster for true "Buffalo Style?" (By the time I found out the old version of Temperance could, it was too late to go there.)

Went here for the first time in forever last Friday.

The food was ok - those of us who got basic bar food said it met expectations. I got a cobb salad. The avocados were rocks. The bacon was limp. The blue cheese was clumped, as was the egg. The lettuce and dressing were good. The beer list was also only ok - too many hop bombs, but that's a common problem these days. Nobody got cocktails.

The service was much improved from the last time I was there. The bartender was pleasant and efficient and I would be happy to sit at his bar again.