Zorkafor's SandVeg, King Street in Old Town - Closed

I didn't see a thread on the place, if there is please merge.

I stopped in Zorkafor's Sandveg with a friend who works in the court. I ordered the portabello, pesto pita with roasted red peppers and spinach. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of veggie options they had. I am not a vegetarian, but there are times I like to eat vegetarian, and thought it had some good options. But they have other stuff too, FYI. They brought us pita chips and hummus while we waited for our food. Once you get your sandwich they have a condiment bar for additions. My sandwich was huge and very tasty, although a little oily next time I will ask for less pesto, the overall flavor was great and it was stuffed full of veggies. The fries were good, but I would prefer them a little crispier, but very good with the hummus. I ended up taking 3/4 of them back to the office, and they were still good the next day after being recrisped in the toaster oven. The staff was really friendly, nice and accommodating. I will definitely go back. And if you need a quick option in Old Town it is definitely worth a try.

Menu: http://www.zorkafors.com/menu-vegetarian.html

Stopped in here over the weekend for a quick bite. Shared a regular falafel "sandveg" - 4 pieces of falafel that were crisp and fresh-tasting (not like they were made from a mix). If I wasn't sharing, the small plate size - 2 pieces of falafel in half a pita - would be plenty. The condiment bar isn't as vast as you might find at Amsterdam Falafel, but there are a variety of choices - fresh and pickled veggies and cucumber and tahini sauces among them. The fries looked very tempting, but we resisted. The place is pretty cozy when the tables are occupied and people are waiting to order. I would go back again - some of the other sandwiches looked good and the prices are pretty reasonable for the quantity/quality of food.

This space is now called - Parsian Restaurant. Fairly small menu of various kabaobs. Picked up a menu as I was walking by yesterday. Looks a bit pricey but it is King St. (i.e. Lamb Kabob, served with rice or bread and grilled tomatoes - $17.85). Also, have a couple sandwiches and wraps that run between $7 and $7.50.

I will try it out in the next week or so and report back.