Pork and Charcuterie Celebration

edenman

A friend of mine is also a big charcuterie nerd. He is moving out of the area. I want to go eat a pork-themed celebration somewhere, but can't think of where would best accomodate. He has a gluten allergy, so a focus on good charcuterie with a few entree options would be good. I'm leaning towards EatBar for the casual but still good focus on charcuterie and other pork dishes, but am also toying with the idea of settings up something in advance with one of our great area chefs to put together a tasting menu on an otherwise slow weeknight. Eve? PS7? Vidalia? Proof? Any suggestions?

A friend of mine is also a big charcuterie nerd. He is moving out of the area. I want to go eat a pork-themed celebration somewhere, but can't think of where would best accomodate. He has a gluten allergy, so a focus on good charcuterie with a few entree options would be good. I'm leaning towards EatBar for the casual but still good focus on charcuterie and other pork dishes, but am also toying with the idea of settings up something in advance with one of our great area chefs to put together a tasting menu on an otherwise slow weeknight. Eve? PS7? Vidalia? Proof? Any suggestions?

The new Commonwealth may fit your needs without the need to do anything in advance except bring an appetite.

The answer is very simple: the Cassoulet at Central.

I'm all over EatBar with this request - have you tried the charcuterie since Nathan Anda amped it up several weeks ago? You should write him and ask him to come give you guys a tour. Don't forget Thirsty Bernie as a nearby option too, but Anda's charcuterie is mind-boggling right now, rivaled only by Dan Fisher's. And of course, there's Frank, but that's more sporadic.

Cheers,

Rocks.