Rehersal Dinner Rec in Old Town

hillvalley

I'm looking for recommendations to pass along for a rehearsal dinner Labor Day Friday that's in walking distance from the Hotel Monaco on King Street. I wish Restaurant Eve was an option but it's a bit more than they want to spend.

They are also looking for a bar, again in walking distance from the Monaco, for the after wedding party Saturday night starting at about 10:30.

I'm looking for recommendations to pass along for a rehearsal dinner Labor Day Friday that's in walking distance from the Hotel Monaco on King Street. I wish Restaurant Eve was an option but it's a bit more than they want to spend.

They are also looking for a bar, again in walking distance from the Monaco, for the after wedding party Saturday night starting at about 10:30.

HV-how many people and what are they looking to spend pp? Cuisine preferences?

HV-how many people and what are they looking to spend pp? Cuisine preferences?
No word on the price point. They are leaning towards American, pub-esque food but are willing to look at other options. Places that are smoke free in advance of the ban (which doesn't go in to effect until December I think) is a plus.

We did our rehearsal dinner at Pat Troy's and loved it. They are able to separate off the raised floor area and were very accommodating with us. More laid back than some of the other suggestions so far, but that's what we were shooting for. Don't remember the exact prices but it was decently priced.

Mr. MV and I had our rehearsal dinner at Geranio (wound up at Austin Grill, Murphy's and....?? :rolleyes: after the wedding). The dinner took place in half (L) of the first floor.

Union St.- There is a side/private room on the 2nd floor.

Overwood-private room.

Gadsby's Tavern-might be interesting to out of town guests to do something historical.

Chadwick's-not sure if they have a private room. ETA: they have a side room/atrium that would work.

The Dandy

Also.......for all intents and purposes, National Harbor is accessible with the water taxi.

No word on the price point. They are leaning towards American, pub-esque food but are willing to look at other options. Places that are smoke free in advance of the ban (which doesn't go in to effect until December I think) is a plus.

My sister manages events for Union Street Public House, which meets all of your criteria. I have a collegue that just had her rehearsal there and really enjoyed it. If you're interested, their number is 703-548-1785. My sister's name is Kathy. Or please feel free to PM me if you want me to get more information.

i went to a lovely wedding reception at Gadsby's several years ago. It has some very nice outdoor spaces as well. You might also want to consider the Carlyle House or Torpedo Factory as rehearsal dinner sites. You'd have to have the meal catered...but the venues are great and in the right location.

If they are willing to do Italian, we had our rehearsal dinner 6 years ago at Trattoria da Franco. We had a private room upstairs with no additional room charge, and the food was good. It is also less than half a mile from Hotel Monaco and was relatively inexpensive.