Looking for a Landscaper

DanCole42

This is only vaguely related to food, but given that I intend to start growing herbs and veggies I hope it's not TOO off topic.

Can anyone recommend a good landscaper in the Fairfax area? I've never even MET a landscaper, yet alone contracted with one, so hopefully they'll be gentle.

And no, "You don't need a landscaper! Just DIY!" replies, please. You know that scene in Harry Potter 3 where the Dementor floats past the flower and it freezes, wilts, and dies? Yeah, that was me in that scene.

This is only vaguely related to food, but given that I intend to start growing herbs and veggies I hope it's not TOO off topic.

This is only vaguely related to food, but given that I intend to start using my teeth to chew with I hope it's not TOO off topic.

I'm looking for a good dentist.

Dan, Dan, Dan. :rolleyes:

(It's fine. <_<)

Can anyone recommend a good landscaper in the Fairfax area? I've never even MET a landscaper, yet alone contracted with one, so hopefully they'll be gentle.

And no, "You don't need a landscaper! Just DIY!" replies, please. You know that scene in Harry Potter 3 where the Dementor floats past the flower and it freezes, wilts, and dies? Yeah, that was me in that scene.

http://myorganicgardendc.com/

saw this on daily candy yesterday.

This is getting close to Angie's List type of a reply but you asked and levjn recommended Ryan's Landscaping, so I feel obliged to comment about Ryan's.

I have used Ryan's on at least five occasions. Here's what they're good at -- clearing stuff. If you have plants/bushes that you want whacked, if you have some area of the yard/garden that you want killed off or dug out to start fresh, Ryan's your man. He does it well and inexpensively. But if you need something delicate, not so much, in my opinion. When things go wrong (e.g. bushes, trees, sod die or don't take), resolution is less than satisfactory. So it depends on the job.

Next time I have a need to hire landscaping work, I plan to call imageworks landscaping. http://www.imageworkslandscaping.com/ Full disclosure, I have not used them before, but I've talked to the company president during two years' worth of soccer games and practices (daughters belong to same team) and he and his company sound solid. They do lots of commercial property work around No. Va., as well as individual homes. Good luck in your project.