Shawarma Spot, 18th Street in Adams Morgan in the Former M'Dawg Haute Dogs Space - Closed

Stopped by Shawama Spot that used to be in M'Dawg Haute Dogs space. I was so excited since I love shawarma, but this was a huge disappointment. The meat was like dried out end bits of a roast beef and way too salty. Some of the toppings are similar to those at Amsterdam Falafel, and the bread rather than being pita was round but weird and spongy. This is nothing like the greasy gyro-like bits of meat that I would get in London. Sad. 

Thanks for the review, I've wondered about that place on 18th. Also wondered about Shawarma King on Columbia Road... up near the Safeway. Anyone been?

I just read on Eater DC (original story on PoPville) that Shawarma Spot has closed.

I'm a little surprised that both Shawarma King *and* Shawarma Spot closed; I was figuring it would be one or the other, but not for any logically sound reason.

I just read on Eater DC (original story on PoPville) that Shawarma Spot has closed.

I'm a little surprised that both Shawarma King *and* Shawarma Spot closed; I was figuring it would be one or the other, but not for any logically sound reason.

I was the one who emailed PoPville about it (the reader quoted in his story). I've lived in the neighborhood for 3 years and it's been 3-4 different shawarma-type places (some of them named Shawarma Spot!). Across the street there was a 2nd location of Mediterranean Spot (the other is at U and 15th), but it changed its name to something simple like Philly Cheesesteaks a little while after opening and it, too, is now closed. Would like some more quick-serve places in the neighborhood that aren't Jumbo Slice or Amsterdam Falafel (though I admittedly hit up both for dinner from time to time). A Cava Grille or SweetGreen would be great.