Small Plates near Four Points Sheraton

Choirgirl21

A friend and I are attending a champagne tasting hosted by the Wine Tasting Association this Saturday. It's being held at the Four Points Sheraton on K Street, and we'll be walking to/from the Mt. Vernon/Convention center metro station. Any suggestions for a place nearby where we might order a few small plates if one of us needs to sober up (or just if we're hungry) before we head home? I'm thinking small plates b/c neither of us has a lot of money to spend right now, nor would we be up for a full dinner. I know Zatinya and Corduroy are in the vicinity, but I'm not sure what else. I wouldn't mind Zatinya, and we can just take the metro from Gallery Place instead (we need the green line), but I wanted to know what my options might be.

Thanks!

A friend and I are attending a champagne tasting hosted by the Wine Tasting Association this Saturday. It's being held at the Four Points Sheraton on K Street, and we'll be walking to/from the Mt. Vernon/Convention center metro station. Any suggestions for a place nearby where we might order a few small plates if one of us needs to sober up (or just if we're hungry) before we head home? I'm thinking small plates b/c neither of us has a lot of money to spend right now, nor would we be up for a full dinner. I know Zatinya and Corduroy are in the vicinity, but I'm not sure what else. I wouldn't mind Zatinya, and we can just take the metro from Gallery Place instead (we need the green line), but I wanted to know what my options might be.

Thanks!

Proof is right at Gallery Place and has great small-plate options.

PS7's bar menu might also fit the bill.

I'm adding a different location to my list. We may end up cabbing over to Schneider's to pick up a wine order so any suggestions by them would also be welcome.

Lounge 201 is over near Schneider's and I think works with the small plates idea, but I've only ever been there for a holiday party thrown by my husband's grad program and have no idea what the food is like.

A friend and I are attending a champagne tasting hosted by the Wine Tasting Association this Saturday. It's being held at the Four Points Sheraton on K Street, and we'll be walking to/from the Mt. Vernon/Convention center metro station.

Also don't forget Brasserie Beck is one block east of Sheraton Four Points.

Cheers,

Rocks

I'm adding a different location to my list. We may end up cabbing over to Schneider's to pick up a wine order so any suggestions by them would also be welcome.

I think you're better off sticking near the Sheraton. The best I can think of near Schneider's is Sonoma, which is on the House side and not exactly inexpensive.

Near Schneider's, I enjoyed my one meal at Toscana Cafe, but it was on the patio; I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to have dinner there with as much territory as you seem to be covering (lunch, on the other hand, perhaps).