Drivers Incorporated - Have Your Own Car Driven Home

Kibbee Nayee

Most of us have had the experience where we imbibed a bit too much, and rather than risk the dreaded DUI arrest, we cabbed home and left our car behind. I recently saw on a bathroom wall a poster for a service that provides a ride home in your own car for the cost of a round-trip cab ride. How convenient! If only I could recall the name of the service or the bathroom where I saw it, I could program it into my Blackberry for just such an occasion. Can anyone help?

Most of us have had the experience where we imbibed a bit too much, and rather than risk the dreaded DUI arrest, we cabbed home and left our car behind. I recently saw on a bathroom wall a poster for a service that provides a ride home in your own car for the cost of a round-trip cab ride. How convenient! If only I could recall the name of the service or the bathroom where I saw it, I could program it into my Blackberry for just such an occasion. Can anyone help?

This sounds like a great service, in DC there is sober ride. That is for you only not your car, you have to take a taxi in the morning to pick up your car. This is still much cheaper and easier than JAIL, fines, insurance surcharges and many other things that can follow you for the rest of your life. Please don't drink and drive.

SOBER RIDE 1-800-200-TAXI

#8294 from your ATT wireless phone

http://www.wrap.org/soberride/

I think I remember reading that at Tallula/EatBar...?

Drivers Incorporated is I believe what you are looking for.

There was a bit on the BCC car show Top Gear about a service in London that dispatched drivers to ferry drunk people home. The ingenious twist: the drivers arrived on these small collapsible motor scooters. The driver would meet you at the bar, put his scooter into your car trunk (they fit in most cars), drive you home and then scooter his way back to the dispatch.