Gayot.com Annual Restuarant Issue

johnb

Maestro with 14, Per Se is not listed as one of New York's ten best....

I thought everyone knew that Maestro, Palena, Corduroy, Firefly and Ray's The Steaks are all on the same culinary level as Austin Grill, Mrs. K's Toll House, Nooshi and Tacuba Cantina Mexicana. Can you really say "it's wrong" to have given all these relatively equivalent establishments 14 tocques? Perhaps we're all being a bit harsh.

Cheers,

Rocks.

P.S. To any judges or representatives from Gayot reading this ... do you have any idea how stupid you are? You're not merely inept; you're full-fledged stupid. Your guide is a joke.

P.P.S. MAESTRO AND AUSTIN GRILL GET THE SAME FOOD RATING!

P.S.  To any judges or representatives from Gayot reading this ... do you have any idea how stupid you are?  You're not merely inept; you're full-fledged stupid.  Your guide is a joke.

What he said! :lol:

[edited to add] "No Rating" for Galileo (which is explained because the restaurant is "new or undergoing changes"

And, of the "top 40" restaurants in the US, two are in DC, and 10 are in NYC. This is the worst "guide" I've seen in a while.

Edited by ScotteeM

I know the guide is bad and all, but I am glad that it let me know that I work at a southern restuarant (not) and that even though there is no (') in our name, the smart guy/gal who reviewed us thinks/thought there should be.  (imagine a sarcastic tone of voice)  :lol:

Hey they've got me putting peanuts in a squash blossom, the only thing I put peanuts in is when I make POng-POng noodles for staff meal.