Brunch or Lunch on Sunday

ktmoomau

We are going with foodie friends to see the Lego exhibit at the Building museum Sunday. I need a good spot for brunch beforehand. Although would settle for lunch too, as I am not huge on breakfast. My thoughts were: Againn (because I love it, but the brunch menu wasn't too appealing), Jaleo (just different), Ted's Bulletin (although reviews are a bit sketchy), Matchbox or Bistro Bis.

I just want something nice, but not boring. Any thoughts on the above or other suggestions?

We are going with foodie friends to see the Lego exhibit at the Building museum Sunday. I need a good spot for brunch beforehand. Although would settle for lunch too, as I am not huge on breakfast. My thoughts were: Againn (because I love it, but the brunch menu wasn't too appealing), Jaleo (just different), Ted's Bulletin (although reviews are a bit sketchy), Matchbox or Bistro Bis.

I just want something nice, but not boring. Any thoughts on the above or other suggestions?

I like Bistro Bis for brunch before museums on or near the Mall, so I would have suggested it if you hadn't :) .

Cedar has a Saturday and Sunday brunch (Sat: 11am to 3pm; Sun: 10am to 3pm).

This is possibly my new favorite restaurant in Penn Quarter. Haven't been to their brunch yet, but was very impressed with their dinner offerings! My sis has been for lunch and raved about their pork belly BLT sandwich.

Cafe Atlantico for the Latino Dim Sum brunch?

Did you check the Brunch Guide, too? Most of the menu links will show lunch-style items, and it's arranged by neighborhood.

I did, but if you go the links it takes you to thread for the main restaurant and I wanted opinions on brunch. For instance the Matchbox brunch menu actually looks more interesting than many, but I couldn't find anything much about brunch on the main thread. Luckily Ted's Bulletin has a lot on breakfast, unfortunately, the reviews aren't great.

I did, but if you go the links it takes you to thread for the main restaurant and I wanted opinions on brunch. For instance the Matchbox brunch menu actually looks more interesting than many, but I couldn't find anything much about brunch on the main thread. Luckily Ted's Bulletin has a lot on breakfast, unfortunately, the reviews aren't great.

Yeah, we don't have individual threads on brunch, it's true. Too bad people haven't posted more opinions of places in the threads ... maybe they'll be inspired now!

Yeah, we don't have individual threads on brunch, it's true. Too bad people haven't posted more opinions of places in the threads ... maybe they'll be inspired now!

I hope so. I will report back! I love Againn, and would love to take our friends there, but their brunch menu is so uninspiring. I know it is difficult to do interesting brunch, but I really get tired of the usual suspects.

So unfortunately I can post any reviews as I was not feeling good that morning and we ended up canceling our reservations. We went to the LEGO exhibit later in the afternoon, and it was pretty cool, especially as I also hadn't seen the solar decathalon exhibit.

I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to throw Teaism out there as a casual, inexpensive option in that general area. They have some traditional breakfast items (french toast, eggs and sausage) on the menu, along with slightly more unusual offerings (tea cured salmon, naan and raita), along with their usual lunch/dinner offerings.