Spezie's Wine Inventory Auction

Wine auctions are soooo iffy. I bought a couple cases of some "good" Italian reds when a NE DC wholesaler went through bankruptcy a few years ago. Not a single bottle was drinkable. We saved a few bottles, hoping they'd be useful for cooking. Wrong. I'll stick with the reputable, reliable retailers we have here in DC.

Wine auctions are soooo iffy. I bought a couple cases of some "good" Italian reds when a NE DC wholesaler went through bankruptcy a few years ago. Not a single bottle was drinkable. We saved a few bottles, hoping they'd be useful for cooking. Wrong. I'll stick with the reputable, reliable retailers we have here in DC.

[sketchy first post.]

Did anybody keep the A/C on?

I loved the auction video preview. Not a word on storage conditions even since the auctioneers have taken over possession. There are some fine wines to be sure, but months, especially the past few months, without temperature control would render any of these wines suspect.

Yes but was the cooler turned on all this time?

Of course we can call Rasmus. But it would seem that a company in the business of auctioning off closed restaurants would specify in their catalog something about the condition of the wine, at least from when they received it. They are fairly meticulous about giving the conditions of the equipment they auction off. That's all.