Exceptional NoVa Spot for Drinks and/or Coffee

FVT

I have a cousin who's leaving the country soon, probably for good. So tonight, I'm planning to take him out to dinner and then drinks afterwards. I need a special place for an after-dinner drinks/coffee. Some place that offers something truly exceptional, whatever that may be, drinks, coffee, atmosphere, decor, view. It just has to be memorable. If the weather tonight wasn't so iffy I'd try the POV lounge at the W Hotel for the view, but that seems too far for tonight. So any suggestions in Northern Virginia would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for Eventide recommendation. I'll check it out. I recall having read a lot of good things about it here.

We are in Fairfax, but we can be flexible within the NoVa confines. No firm dinner plans either, but that seemed easier to decide than the place afterwards.

(Wish there was a way to correct the typo in my message title)

Exceptional experiences all in one location in NOVA to me would be: Restaurant Eve (awesome drinks afterwards a plus), Trummer's on Main (they have a beautiful bar downstairs) and 2941 in terms of ambiance although I think it is a bit pricey for what you get.

In you wanted to do Eventide for drinks you could go Lyon Hall for dinner perhaps.

If you are in Fairfax, the following comes to mind:

1. Michel in Tyson's Corner

2. The Wine House in Fairfax

3. Evo Bistro in Mclean

Steve W. formerly of Eventide is at Columbia Firehouse tonight in Old Town (I think his schedule is T, R and Sat right now) and since their dessert menu has been revamped by Tiffany MacIssac, I believe, that will be a nice place for a drink + eats.

Exceptional experiences all in one location in NOVA to me would be: Restaurant Eve (awesome drinks afterwards a plus), Trummer's on Main (they have a beautiful bar downstairs) and 2941 in terms of ambiance although I think it is a bit pricey for what you get.

In you wanted to do Eventide for drinks you could go Lyon Hall for dinner perhaps.

In the case of Eve, is PX open for drinks during the week? If so, the Eve / PX combo would be great.

PX, Restaurant Eve, all wonderful suggestions. My wife will be especially appreciative on a future night out. Thank you members, as always. I think I'll likely try Eventide tonight and save the other ideas for our next occasions. I'll report back if we encounter anything worthwhile.

PX, Restaurant Eve, all wonderful suggestions. My wife will be especially appreciative on a future night out. Thank you members, as always. I think I'll likely try Eventide tonight and save the other ideas for our next occasions. I'll report back if we encounter anything worthwhile.

This is probably too late, but if you want a snack while at the bar, get the pretzels with deviled ham.