Best Pizza Places in the U.S.

zoramargolis

Two Amy's is the only DC spot on the list.

throws the whole list into disrepute. Reminds me of when someone asked John Lennon if Ringo was the best drummer in England he replied "he's not even the best drummer in the band." Though, I do approve of many of the others on the list. Apizza Scholl's...mmmm.

Eating leftover Comet Ping Pong as I type.

I've had 11 of these and there are several notable places that didn't make it: Sally's Apizza in New Haven, DeLorenzo's on Hudson in Trenton, Arcaro and Gemelli near Scranton, Wells Bros. in Racine, WI along with sev eral NJ and Chicago area landmarks that are curious omissions.

Mozza has the best crust in America. Sally's (not listed has the most character) followed by Santarpio's.

I've had 11 of these and there are several notable places that didn't make it: Sally's Apizza in New Haven, DeLorenzo's on Hudson in Trenton, Arcaro and Gemelli near Scranton, Wells Bros. in Racine, WI along with sev eral NJ and Chicago area landmarks that are curious omissions.

Maybe I found the wrong place, but we were rather underwhelmed by Arcaro and Genell's pizza. It's a thick-crust style, and fairly heavily topped. Their "white pizza" is a double-crust mozzarella bomb.

Maybe I found the wrong place, but we were rather underwhelmed by Arcaro and Genell's pizza. It's a thick-crust style, and fairly heavily topped. Their "white pizza" is a double-crust mozzarella bomb.

It's the white pizza they're known for. I agree about the red; but I absolutely loved the white. Unique, a different kind of texture and taste from what I had expected. It grew on me quickly. Place has a lot of "character" too.

Mozza has the best crust in America. Sally's (not listed has the most character) followed by Santarpio's.

As far as I could tell, Sally's is nothing but character. Or maybe shtick. The pizza is pretty forgettable.

Ahhhh DeLorenzos on Hudson in Trenton. It's a holy grail of pizza I've grasped for and never obtained! Largely due to fact that their hours seem calculated to preVENT actualy serving customers and I've stopped by even DURING open hours to find them closed. HAVE however made an actual love connection at arch rival DeLorenzos on HAMILTON. Absolutely deelish, quite unique, tomato pie......grabbed one just prior to an evening drive back to dc and it was gone by the Susquehanna bridge. Was up visiting family last weekend and promised it for a lunch only to find them closed Sunday afternoon. Backup plan was Candela on Lawrenceville Road in Lawrence-more on pedestrian NY style side of things but pedestrian in Trenton is nirvana anywhere else!

Ahhhh DeLorenzos on Hudson in Trenton. It's a holy grail of pizza I've grasped for and never obtained! Largely due to fact that their hours seem calculated to preVENT actualy serving customers and I've stopped by even DURING open hours to find them closed. HAVE however made an actual love connection at arch rival DeLorenzos on HAMILTON. Absolutely deelish, quite unique, tomato pie......grabbed one just prior to an evening drive back to dc and it was gone by the Susquehanna bridge. Was up visiting family last weekend and promised it for a lunch only to find them closed Sunday afternoon. Backup plan was Candela on Lawrenceville Road in Lawrence-more on pedestrian NY style side of things but pedestrian in Trenton is nirvana anywhere else!

"Trenton bakes, the World takes"

De-lurking to tell you that the new DeLorenzo's (same family as Hudson St.) in Robbinsville (just off Rte 130) is every bit as good as the old place and has much better hours.

http://www.delorenzostomatopies.com/directions.html

Much larger and has a bathroom, too!

And it is so worth it.