Sushi in Old Town Alexandria

jandres374

There isn't any. Flying Fish (I think that's the name) on King St by the theater has mediocre to "ehhhh, it's okay" sushi, the place across from The Gap (or Banana Republic or whatever those stores are on the corner of Washington St and King St) advertises sushi but I can't recommend it because I've never tried it. Yamazato on North Beauregard St. or Akasaka on S. Van Dorn are probably the two closest places that I know of that have good sushi.

You might give Momo's (on Queen St, next to Bilbo Baggins) a try. It's been a while since I was there, but the carry-out has been decent and the staff are very nice and accommodating (like throwing in an extra miso soup when two of us stop in to pick up an order).

There's also Ichiban on lower King St. Never been, but there are some pretty good reviews on various websites.

You might give Momo's (on Queen St, next to Bilbo Baggins) a try.

Don't let the Bilbo Baggins reference scare you. They aren't connected. Momo has good (not great) sushi and the owners are really great people. It's 3 blocks from King (going north if you're not sure where it is). Depending on where you are, it might be a hike.