Asian in Falls Church

Barefootgirl

Hello.....

As the title implies, I am interested in Asian food around Falls Church, since I recently moved there.

For medical reasons, I have to limit carbs, ironically, this means I skip rice, breading, noodles, sugary sauces, etc.

That said, I have been known to enjoy a great bowl of pho without adding the rice noodles, and eat

the Vietnamese salads without sweet dressings or noodles.

Korean food seems to be a good choice.

Anyway, the point of my post is to ask advice on good Asian places to patronize in the area and what I can order that would keep me

away from the white stuff or sweet stuff - and keep me centered around tofu, veggies and meats (seafood, poultry, etc.)

Thank you!

Hello.....

As the title implies, I am interested in Asian food around Falls Church, since I recently moved there.

For medical reasons, I have to limit carbs, ironically, this means I skip rice, breading, noodles, sugary sauces, etc.

That said, I have been known to enjoy a great bowl of pho without adding the rice noodles, and eat

the Vietnamese salads without sweet dressings or noodles.

Korean food seems to be a good choice.

Anyway, the point of my post is to ask advice on good Asian places to patronize in the area and what I can order that would keep me

away from the white stuff or sweet stuff - and keep me centered around tofu, veggies and meats (seafood, poultry, etc.)

Thank you!

Sunflower is an obvious choice.

Falls Church area Asian joints: Uncle Liu's (buffet, hot pot, and Sichuan dishes), Jasmine Garden (Chinese, some Sichuan dishes), Vinh Kee (Cantonese), Miu Kee (Cantonese), Mark's Duck House (Cantonese with dim sum), Hong Kong Palace (Sichuan), XO Taste (Cantonese), Bangkok Golden (buffet, Thai & Lao), Pho Golden Cow, A&J (small plate and weekend northern chinese brunch - much of the food here is carbs though), Present (Vietnamese), Huong Viet (Vietnamese, many others to try in Eden center), and Four Sisters (Vietnamese) are the ones that I go to. Except for pho restaurants, they all offer a diverse menu including lots of seafood. There are lots of Korean restaurants in Annandale.

Rabeing and Duangrats are Thai places at Bailey's Crossroads that aren't very sugary and also have some great seafoods/non-carb dishes on their menus. Duangrats, in particular, focuses on the fineĀ®-dining end of Thai cookery, so doesn't have as many noodle- or rice-based dishes. We feel similarly about Present for Vietnamese cooking.