Farmers' Markets Open This Weekend

Nothing would make me happier than to find this thread unanswered on Monday because Irene ended up being a whole lot of nothing but in the mean time I thought I would create a thread where we can keep a list of which markets are open through the weekend.

If you have information about whether or not a market will be up and running, and with what limitations, please post here.

Rebbie at Mt Pleasant says they will be open 9-1. She also mentions that the forecast for rain during that period is only 40%. She also mentions that there are some pretty spectacularly sweet lipstick peppers.

See you there!

(I think Waitman got notice from Market Fan that U Street will be open as well)

FRESHFARM Markets just sent out word by email that the only market the organization is planning to close is Annapolis on Sunday as per city's recommendations.

Bethesda

H St. NE

St Michaels

Silver Spring--all four Saturday markets will open

Plans are to keep Dupont Circle open on Sunday. Three no-shows given the locations of their farms and other factors: Waterview (Tom the Egg Man), Anchor Nursery (Jim and Alice in front of PNC Bank entrance) and Compost Cab (Jeremy sends regrets and plans to handle extra-heavy deliveries of compostables the following Sunday).

New Morning posted on Twitter that they will be open tomorrow morning.

Just got back from New Morning. They are in full swing with their raspberry festival as well as their usual bounty of goods.

Market had a quiet, ominous feel; shoppers weren't in a relaxed mode you usually find at market. The last time I remember market like this was 8 years ago when Isabelle hit and market opened a day or two after surrounded by debris.