Dining on 14th Street

lizzie

Had planned on Pearl Dive for dinner tonight but with the recent review, it could be quite busy and is walk-in only. Any other suggestions if the wait is too long? Has anyone eaten lately at Cork Wine Bar? Masa 14? We are having drinks at Marvin but probably not dinner there.

Had planned on Pearl Dive for dinner tonight but with the recent review, it could be quite busy and is walk-in only. Any other suggestions if the wait is too long? Has anyone eaten lately at Cork Wine Bar? Masa 14? We are having drinks at Marvin but probably not dinner there.

I'd wager that everything on that strip is going to be jammed on a Friday night unless you can get there before 7. Cork is getting expensive, these days, I noticed. Bar Pilar?

That entire strip is a zoo on Friday and Saturday nights. Either go somewhere with a reservation, or be prepared to wait.

Actually, Cork is not nearly the scene it used to be, and the food is still good.* I'd say the quality:expected wait time ratio there is likely to be among the highest in that area.

* Caveat: has Ron Tanaka left yet, though?

Masa 14 continues to make me happy every time I go there; I love the variety of flavors/textures and the mix and match from the small plates. Depending on when you are arriving, you may not have too much of a wait for a table. It does get LOUD, though.

Happy Hour at the bar ('til 7) offers a very good deal on margaritas

After a very nice time on the deck at Marvin - pre-crowds, we ended up at Estadio since it had no wait at about 9:30. Poste had a 45 minute wait and Pearl Dive was just packed. At Estadio had the kale, mushrooms, sauteed squid, grilled bread and heirloom tomato salad. I enjoyed all the dishes. Not thrilled about use of regular glasses for wine, especially for the cava, but nothing that would ruin an evening.