The Bus Stop's Here - Do You Mind Bussing Your Own Table? Does "Bussing" Have Two S's?

Ericandblueboy

Bussing has 2 Ss, but "stop's" doesn't have an apostrophe. There's a whole different discussion about whether to use apostrophe when pluralizing a letter. Should it be S's or Ss? Depends one which reference you...er...reference.

/sorry, but I grew up with a writer/editor

Oh, and I agree it seems that you should tip significantly less if you're bussing your own table.

Bussing has 2 Ss, but "stop's" doesn't have an apostrophe. There's a whole different discussion about whether to use apostrophe when pluralizing a letter. Should it be S's or Ss? Depends one which reference you...er...reference.

/sorry, but I grew up with a writer/editor

Oh, and I agree it seems that you should tip significantly less if you're bussing your own table.

What about if you're making a contraction of "Stop is" simultaneously with a Buck Stops pun?

Editors arewere the bane of my existence. :)

And just why would you want to *kiss a table?

* buss (bʌs) — n , — vb an archaic or dialect word for kiss

But, just to confuse the issue:

bus [buhs] verb (used without object), verb (used with object), bused or bussed, bus·ing or bus·sing:

- to work or act as a busboy or busgirl: She bused for her meals during her student days.

(N.B.: never ask a former technical writer a question like this)

What about if you're making a contraction of "Stop is" simultaneously with a Buck Stops pun?

I thought of that but I just didn't understand how it made sense. Between the two of us, one of our humor meters is broken...I'll volunteer it's mine (unless other people back me up, in which case I'll agree with the masses that your joke was stupid.) ;)

I thought of that but I just didn't understand how it made sense. Between the two of us, one of our humor meters is broken...I'll volunteer it's mine (unless other people back me up, in which case I'll agree with the masses that your joke was stupid.) ;)

Oh, I'm the first to admit that my humor meter is broken, has been broken.

Humor meter:

oh, I, fluid:

runnest thou

cheeky tier.

Not sure what restaurant the OP referred to, but as a (washed-up) waitress, don't have a problem w/ bussing my own table, it's usually quicker & easier, & you have a clean table at checkout... If I'm paying larger bucks, I would expect my table to be be bussed appropriately....& I want my drinks to be refilled on time, the only thing I get cranky about....