What Should I Eat Now?

ktmoomau

Hey Rockwellians,

So I have been traveling, a lot, and working, a lot this past year. I haven't been my normal self on going to new restaurants, etc. I just have been too busy. But as fall starts, my trial schedule eases a little, I should be home more and able to eat tasty things here at home. Normally I keep a list of places that I want to try that I share with Hubby so he can add places and then we make an effort to go to those places. That list is now quite ancient. I really need your help sorting out what is new and worth it, or not new per se, but noteworthy that I might not have had.

So what should be on my list right now? Either fairly recent openings, or places that aren't fairly recent, but there is a compelling reason to go now, and any must try dishes. It can be anywhere in the DMV any price point, because I sort the list according to price and location, and actually make an effort to travel for tasty things, don't mind dives, don't mind fancy. I read down through so many posts, so many articles, but sometimes I just don't know what to think with almost an overload of information, so- what are you excited about, what are you passionate about, what was worth the money to taste?

Please help. I promise to write reviews after :)

Oh, my dear. So many options, and I'm preemptively jealous of your meals. To start:

The goat at Cashion's

The pastrami at Kangaroo Boxing Club

The palak chaat at Rasika (preferably) or Bombay Club (still pretty damn good)

The outstanding service and romance of Bombay Club

The watermelon/avocado/blue crab appetizer at Ardeo

The cask beers at Meridian Pint

The everything on the patio at Room 11

Enjoy!